The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is a global programme to empower young entrepreneurs to create a sustainable world.
This global platform empowers young entrepreneurs (age 15-35) from around the world to engage in a more peaceful world. Participants are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governance challenges of our time.
You are eligible to enter, if:
1. You are between the ages of 15 and 35
2. You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your community, such as:
- Goal 1: No Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4: Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5: Gender Equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities – Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13: Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 14: Life Below Water – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15: Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
OR, You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program
3. You are able to submit your entry in English.
Entries will be posted on the competition website and are subject to online commenting and public voting.
10 finalists in each of the two categories (Best Ideas category and Best Projects category) will be determined according to the ‘Personal Activity Indicator’ algorithm .
Finalists are requested to submit a video (max 3 minutes) of their idea/project (if they have not done so yet).
From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize) in each category.
Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors.
The People’s Choice Prize will be given to the entry with the largest number of votes in each of the two categories.
In addition, an Entrepreneurship Campus Prize will be given to three entrants who have demonstrated outstanding ‘entrepreneurship spirit’ by actively taking part in the Entrepreneurship Campus.
How to apply
If you want to submit an idea, go to Submit an idea!
If you want to submit a project, go to Submit a project!
Deadline: July 31, 2017